Wednesday 10 September 2008

Local Walk - Water of Leith Walkway

One of the reasons for wanting to come to Britain was the great walking trips we could take. In this vein, on Sunday Alette and I set out along the Water of Leith Walkway. It's a 12mi walk along a small river that runs right through Edinburgh. The walk was mostly tree covered and right next to the river. It also brought us through some potential neighbourhoods for renting over the next few years.

The pics are of the swan and signets (at least 6 of them I believe) and me enjoying my Deuchars.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mike, how many beers do you have in front of you? I thought you weren't drinking beer!

Chris said...

Are the walking trips one way only?
I see you're investigating the bus route home.

Mike Just said...

Regarding the beer, yes, and I only had one beer at this pub, on this occasion.

Yes, Chris. Your deductive powers are indeed correct. We had the choice of going one way or another and we chose one way. After 20km we figured we'd grab a bus home. If you come visit, we can take you another way on this walk.

Chris said...

Hopefully the other way on the walk for me will end at a bar after about 5 km where the time saved can better put to good use. However if I manage to walk it one way, I'll probably be too cheap to want to take a bus back.