Wednesday 10 December 2008

Forced Bollywood Hiatus



Tonight is the first Wednesday in three months that I'm not Bollywood dancing. So sad. To cheer myself up I registered at Dance Base to take it again next semester. But that doesn't start for another four weeks. I was going to register for bellydance instead, but I went to Dance Base's end of term recital, Christmas Crackered, and the bellydancers just looked way to serious. If I'm going to pay to take a dance class, I want it to be frivolous. And Bollywood is a hotbed of frivolity.

The YouTube video linked to above is of my teacher, Venuri Perera, demonstrating the first quarter of the dance she taught us.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Thanks for answering our questions about what 'Bollywood Dancing' could be: more or less as I demonstrated to your mother last night at our Danu concert