Tuesday 7 October 2008

In the Broadband Deadzone

Observant readers will have noted the recent, significant decrease in posts. Suffice to say that it has not been due to a lack of interesting Scottish adventures or ales. An unfortunate side-effect of our move to a new flat on October 1st has been our inability to get either a land-line or broadband hooked up. Today we discovered that our letting agent was only responsible for cancelling the previous tenant's phone service, but not starting ours (contrary to our reading of our letting agreement). In any case, we're keeping our fingers crossed for access at our flat within a week.

So tonight I ventured to Bert's bar for a pint and some blogging. Tonight I'm sampling Peter's Well from the Houston Brewing Company. (We actually came last night as well, where I had a pint of Landlord Ale from Timothy Taylor - and I'd have to say that I fancied the Landlord Ale.)

Hope to have some pics of the new flat, and have permanent Internet access, soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny. I'm spending the day at home today waiting for the Telstra guy to show up and connect my land-line. (This is the second day wasted on this - the first day no one showed up.) Then I can order ADSL service, which is pricey here.

Good luck.